Monday, April 14, 2014

Flat Tire, Full Heart



I know that the title may not make sense with the picture because my heart most certainly does not look full. But yes, we did get a flat tire this week. In the front seat is one of the other missionaries calling the mission office in Rapid City to let them know...

But really, my heart has been full. Serving a mission is a great opportunity. The work does not always show success, but I am constantly growing as a person. It is sad when people do not accept the gospel, but both when the work is slow and when it is going well, I learn valuable lessons. I am learning to be patient. I am learning how to trust in the Lord and recognize His influence in my life. I am learning how to relate the gospel to life, and to help others through their struggles, which I know will bless me for my entire life. I am learning to view others as Christ would and to treat them with love, as He would. The opportunities that God gives each of us will either help us to become more like Christ or distance us from Him. If we do not use each opportunity to become a better person, we will not fulfill our maximum potential for happiness.

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." -John 17:3

Let us learn about Jesus Christ, because we know that He followed perfectly the will of the Father. As we strive to live more and more as Christ did, we will grow closer to Him and to our Father in Heaven. "Life eternal" is living in complete happiness forever. There will be no heartache; no pain; no physical limitations as we turn our hearts to God and let our actions each day exemplify the teachings and life of Jesus Christ. Let us also remember that even after our best efforts, it is only because of the sacrifice of our Savior that we may achieve eternal life. 

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God. And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot." -Moroni 10:32-33

No comments:

Post a Comment