Monday, March 10, 2014

Don't Worry, the Cat is not in Our Apartment



I finally got a picture! This cat really did not want to kiss me... but I didn't want to kiss it either, I was just posing for the picture! This is the cat that is constantly roaming around our apartment complex, and we have no idea who it belongs to! It is often lounging in our building's laundry room, which is where the picture is taken. 

We had a fairly slow week as far as teaching goes, but we did a ton of organization for our new English proselyting area. That took way too much time for my taste, but I know that God wants us to be organized, so my "taste" doesn't matter. It is one of His characteristics that He wants us to develop. Careful organization leads to lasting success, which is something that I have learned more on my mission than ever. Another attribute that God wants us to develop is love (1 John 4: 7-9). He loves perfectly, and the more we learn to love those around us unconditionally, the more we become like our Father. I have been realizing more and more that the things that God commands us to do always allow us to grow more like Him. I have always known that His commandments are in place for our well-being, but I haven't thought about it in this way very much. He truly does, as a perfect Father, want us to develop the attributes that He has, and the opportunities we have in life, if seized, will help us to do that. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to be the perfect example. We cannot receive eternal life with God unless we are clean as Christ. He knows we are incapable of this on our own, and this is the purpose of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He has asked us to live His gospel, and in turn He will cleanse us by His Spirit. This is the course of lasting happiness, and the price that we must pay is so simple. As Christ said, His burden is light, and He invites all of us to come to Him and bear that burden (Matthew 11:28-30).

No comments:

Post a Comment