Monday, March 3, 2014

I'm a Spanglish Missionary Now

I had an amazing picture to post, but just wait to hear this. I was looking through my pictures and found one I didn't want. Sadly, I was paying close enough attention. I erased all of the pictures on my camera...At least I have most of them on a thumb drive! No new ones, though. The picture I was going to send was of me with a cat. There is a cat that always wanders around our apartment building, and we don't know who owns it. My missionary companion is a cat fanatic...so he naturally put on his cat bow tie and had me take a picture of him with the cat. I thought it would be a good one to put on the blog, so I also got a picture with our cat friend. I am sorry, I tried.

This morning something weird happened. We went to go use the laundry machines in another missionary apartment, and out of the blue my companion started wrestling me. I've never been a huge fan of wrestling, but I had some energy to let out. In the middle of our squabble, his head hit my chin, and I thought nothing of it. After I successfully pinned him(He has 3 inches and 50 pounds on me :)), I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I think my tooth is chipped a little bit. Actually, feeling it right now, I know it is! It's just a tiny chip though. I can have the dentist smooth it off soon. (Don't be mad at me, mom!)

I would just like to add a piece of my testimony. This past week especially, I have felt God's influence in my heart and in my life. I have recognized more the pivotal role He has played in getting me to this point. Assuming I already have my family (which I wouldn't have without Him) : Without God, there would be no scriptures; no words to guide us. There would be no basis for my family to have taught me the things that they have. There would have been no Savior, no atoning sacrifice, and by extension, no hope for lasting happiness. The more I work to bring my heart closer to God, the more He teaches my what I must do to change. When we start getting comfortable with where we are, that is when we should feel nervous. We always need to be coming closer to God, finding more and more ways to improve. He will change our hearts and it will not be hard to know what to do. Change is a continual, never-ending process. It is not something sorrowful. It is the happiest thing we can do in life, as long as the changes bring us more in line with our Father's will for us. As we make covenants with Him, starting with baptism, and continue to change until the end of our lives, we have the promise of eternal life with our families, The most joyful destination imaginable.


No comments:

Post a Comment