Monday, March 31, 2014

I don't care what's on the calendar, it is so NOT SPRING

Today, we woke up to at least 3-4 inches of snow on the car. No need for further explication. Here is our "palabra del dia" board that I've been meaning to share.



We've been doing this for about a month now, and among my favorite words are "pilluelo" (mischievous) and "mezquino" (wretched/miserly). Now for the story behind the broken board. It hasn't always been hanging up, so it used to be leaning against the table. I may have mentioned that I like to practice handstands at night. Well, I got a pretty good one and apparently I got too excited, because I somehow tipped over right on the whiteboard and snapped it :(

Just a quick scripture today. Ephesians 2:19-20

 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

This is how Jesus Christ set up His Church when He was on the earth. He also taught that we must be baptized in order to enter the Kingdom of God (John 3:5, Mark 16:16). In Ephesians 4:5 we learn that there is to be one baptism. In 1 Cor. 12 we learn about the body of Christ. The body of Christ, or His Church, is the Kingdom of God on the earth, which we may be baptized into. If we then continue following Christ to the end of our lives, we have the promise of everlasting life. That is worth so much more than any pursuit available to us here on earth. Our Father in Heaven wants us to have families, careers, friends, recreation, and other things in our lives. We just need to make sure that He comes before any of these things, and as we pursue these things, we must make sure to put God's will as the top priority, then we will have success. Perhaps it won't come immediately, but I believe the promise found in proverbs 3:5-6. I testify that the organization of the Church of Jesus Christ as explained in Ephesians is important for our day (Ephesians 4:11-14). I testify that Prophets and Apostles are on the earth today to guide the Church. I realize that this statement carries a lot of weight, and I don't expect you to believe me. Think about what I've said and take it to God in sincere prayer. If you really want to know and you are willing to act based off of the answer you receive, you will definitely receive an answer. If you really want to find the truth behind what I'm saying, you will also meet with the missionaries. I have by no means given you enough information, but the missionaries will. They can help you see why it is important for you. Our Father in Heaven wants us all to find the truth in our lives. That is why there is 85,000 missionaries throughout the globe. It is the work of God to bring all to the knowledge of the truth. He expects people to search in faith, and not wait for an answer.

 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."  -Hebrews 11:6
 

No comments:

Post a Comment